BEMC is among the top co-ops in NC for rooftop mounted solar, with more than 100 solar rooftop installations and the numbers are growing!
Established in 2015, BEMC’s aggressive net metering program for both residential and commercial members is one of the first true net metering systems in North Carolina. Owners of small renewable energy systems receive retail credit for a portion of the electricity their panels generate.
Your project may also qualify for our Weatherization Loan program, which provides loans to homeowners and small businesses for energy efficiency improvements and some renewable energy projects.
RENEWABLE ENERGY - GENERAL INFO:
BEMC RENEWABLE ENERGY DOCUMENTS:
- Information on rates, requirements and other details: BEMC Rates Document
- Interconnection Process and Procedures
- Interconnection Agreement for Distributed Generation Systems > 10 KW
- Interconnection Agreement for Distributed Generation System < 10 KW
- U.S. Dept of Energy, Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy
- NC GreenPower
- The NC Clean Energy Technology Center: a clearinghouse for solar and other renewable energy programs, information, research, technical assistance and training, located at NC State University.
- Cape Fear Chapter of the US Green Building Council: Seeks to bring together professionals in our area in the building industry, including architects, designers, contractors, builders, realtors, and developers, and concerned members of the general public. BEMC is among the top co-ops in NC for rooftop mounted solar, with more than 100 solar rooftop installations and the numbers are growing!