Electric vehicles are becoming increasingly more popular and the demand for charging stations is growing. North Carolina's electric cooperatives, including BEMC, are working to create a statewide network of EV charging stations, enabling more consumers in both rural and urban areas to adopt this technology. If you are considering an EV purchase, click here to see how an EV could be beneficial.
To meet this need in our community, BEMC has installed seven EV charging locations in our service territory:
1. Brunswick Forest, 1112 E. Cutlar Crossing, Level II Charger
2. Calabash, 1045 River Road, Level II Charger
3. Sunset Beach, 419 Sunset Blvd., Level II Charger
4. Ocean Isle, 44 West First St., Level II Charger
5. Holden Beach, 101 Jordan Blvd., Level II Charger
6. Shallotte, 123 Mulberry Street, Level II Charger
7. Boardman, 1029 Old Boardman Road, DC Fast Charger
BEMC provides Level II chargers. Level II chargers typically take 4 to 6 hours, and can charge hybrids as well as electric vehicles. All electric vehicle charging stations in BEMC’s service territory cost $7.50 per session.
Payment can be made through Chargepoint for level II chargers. Those who are not signed up to use Chargepoint can call the number on the charging station and a representative will collect payment information for a one-time use. Once charging is complete you will receive a receipt by email.