Electric vehicles are becoming increasingly more popular and the demand for charging stations is growing. North Carolina's electric cooperatives, including BEMC, are working to create a statewide network of EV charging stations, enabling more consumers in both rural and urban areas to adopt this technology.
To meet this need in our community, BEMC has installed six EV chargers in our service territory:
1. Brunswick Forest, 1112 E. Cutlar Crossing, DC Fast Charger
2. Calabash, 1045 River Road, DC Fast Charger & Level II Charger
3. Sunset Beach, 419 Sunset Blvd., Level II Charger
4. Ocean Isle, 44 West First St., Level II Charger
5. Holden Beach, 101 Jordan Blvd., Level II Charger
6. Shallotte, 123 Mulberry Street, Level II Charger
BEMC provides DC Fast Chargers and Level II chargers. Fast Chargers recharge an all-electric vehicle in approximately 30 minutes. Level II chargers typically take 4 to 6 hours, and can charge hybrids as well as electric vehicles. All electric vehicle charging stations in BEMC’s service territory cost $7.50 per session.
Payment can be made through Chargepoint for level II chargers, or Greentlos for DC Fast Chargers. Those who are not signed up to use Chargepoint or Greentlos can call the number on the charging station and a representative will collect payment information for a one-time use. Once charging is complete you will receive a receipt by email.