At your Touchstone Energy cooperative, member safety is important to us. Please check out this important safety information to help keep you and your family safe.
Power Line Safety
Keep a safe distance. Whether you are playing outdoors with your children or working on landscaping projects, keep a safe distance from power lines and other equipment your co-op uses to get electricity to your home. Always remember to:
- Stay away from power lines, meters, transformers and electrical boxes.
- Don’t climb trees near power lines.
- Never fly kites, remote control airplanes or balloons near power lines.
- If you get something stuck in a power line, call BEMC at 800-842-5871 to get it removed.
- Keep a safe distance from overhead power lines when working with ladders or installing objects like antennas.
- Never touch or go near a downed power line. Keep children and pets away!
- Don’t touch anything that may be touching a downed wire, such as a car.
- If you see a downed line, always assume it is live and stay away! Call BEMC at 800-682-5309 to report it immediately.