WHAT'S ALL THE BUZZ ABOUT ECOBEE?
Brunswick Electric Membership Corporation is partnering with Ecobee, Inc., to offer our members a wi-fi programmable thermostat at a reduced cost as part of an ongoing demand control project.
According to research published by Ecobee, Inc. the Ecobee4 smart thermostat has been proven to save 23 percent on heating and cooling costs in homes. Homeowners can monitor and control the wi-fi connected Ecobee4 anytime, from anywhere using the mobile app. This provides homeowners with total control of their heating and cooling energy use.
The unit retails for $249. However, Brunswick Electric is offering a significant discount to members who are interested in participating in the program ($50 plus tax).
For current Ecobee users:
See new setting recommendations
Single-Stage Thermostat Set-Up Guidelines for All-Electric Heat Pumps
In order to participate in Brunswick Electric Membership Corporation's Ecobee Pilot Program,
please fill out the MEMBER PARTICIPANT AGREEMENT.
HOW DOES THE PROGRAM WORK?
BEMC will provide each participate a guide that outlines the recommended settings for maximum performance for this area. BEMC will call for the thermostat to be controlled no more than six to eight times a month for a maximum of six hours each time. The control raises or lowers the temperature three degrees. Participants can override or opt-out of these settings but their energy savings potential will be less.
MEMBER ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- The Member certifies that they have a compatible air-conditioner, heat pump or electric furnace in good working order.
- The Member agrees to maintain the connection between their enrolled thermostat(s) through an Internet Service Provider for WiFi connectivity.
- The Member agrees to maintain an active account with BEMC throughout the duration of the project.
- The Member agrees to assist support personnel in resolving connectivity or other issues relevant to the project.
- The project is a demand control project and the Member agrees to participate in monthly control events.
- The member agrees to allow BEMC to share load-specific data related to energy consumption and capacity of the Member’s account.
PLEASE PICK UP YOUR THERMOSTAT UNIT MON - FRI between 8am and 5pm at any BEMC office.