Directors and Service Areas
Board of Directors
Elected by the membership, cooperative directors are also members, but with a special perspective. Their responsibilities include planning and policy oversight, setting the long-term objectives of the co-op and providing the resources to meet those objectives. Their commitment includes monthly meetings to review progress and make strategic decisions as well as staying current on an increasingly complex business.
Your board members work closely with the CEO/GM and senior staff to monitor results of co-op projects and assure accountability. Each board member represents a specific district, but is always concerned with the interests of all co-op members.
You may contact our board here.
BEMC's current board of directors are:
- District 1, Tabor City - Jack Miller
- District 2, Ash - JoAnn Simmons
- District 3, White Marsh - Fred Tedder
- District 4, Holden Beach - Moses Herring
- District 5, Old Dock - Larry Fowler
- District 6, Chadbourn - David Gore
- District 7, Leland - Hubert Brittain
- District 8, Oak Island - John Kopp
- District 9, Calabash - Bryan Smith
- District 10, Evergreen - Calvin Duncan
- District 11, Cerro Gordo - Dan Strickland
- District 12, Shallotte - Phil Cheers
- At-Large, Brunswick County - John Ward
2019 Board officers:
President - Frederick Tedder
Vice President - Phil Cheers
Secretary/Treasurer - David Gore
Asst. Secretary/Treasurer - Larry Fowler